Kohlrabi and vegetables:
- 2 medium sized Kohlrabi approx. 350 g each
- 100 g Carrot
- 100 g Spring onion
- 100 g Yellow peppers
- 1 size Red peppers
- 200 g From hollowed kohlrabi
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 150 ml Water
- 150 ml Milk
- 2 go well. tbsp Sour cream
- 1 tbsp Freshly chopped chives
- Pepper salt
- 125 g Basmati rice
- 300 ml Water
- 200 g Ground beef
- 15 g Breadcrumbs
- 50 ml Milk warm
- 1 tsp Mustard medium hot
- 1 Egg yolk
- 3 tbsp Finely chopped parsley
- Pepper salt
- 70 g Grated Gouda
- 70 g Butter f.d. shape
- Chive rolls f.d. Decoration
Preparation of kohlrabi and vegetables:
- Thoroughly peel the cabbage. Stems as smooth and straight as possible, and cut off a "lid" at each of the upper leaf roots. Cut the lids a bit small and take them to one side. Then use a ball cutter - if available - to hollow out the kohlrabi so that a wall about 1 cm thick remains. Also cut the entire hollowed out kohlrabi into small pieces and add to the small cut of the lid. Cook the hollowed kohlrabi in a saucepan with sufficiently well salted water for about 8 minutes until slightly firm to the bite. Then immediately cool in ice-cold water and have it ready.
- Peel the carrot, cut into slices and either halve or quarter (depending on the diameter). Clean the spring onions, cut into slices that are not too thin. Remove the skin from the peppers with the peeler, core and cut into small cubes. Halve the peppers, remove and core the stalk and cut the halves crosswise into fine strips.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and lightly fry the hollowed out kohlrabi until it takes on a little color in places. Add the carrots, spring onions, paprika and chili peppers, sweat briefly once and then immediately deglaze with water and milk. Season everything a little and simmer gently for about 3 - 5 minutes over low heat and let the liquid reduce. The vegetables should still have a slight "bite". Then take it off the stove and have it ready.
Filling and finishing:
- Pour the hot milk over the breadcrumbs and allow to swell. Wash, dry and finely chop parsley. Mix the meat, breadcrumbs, egg yolks, mustard and pepper and salt together well. Finally, knead in the parsley. Coarsely grate the cheese.
- Gently butter an appropriately large casserole dish, place the pre-cooked kohlrabi halves in and fill with the mince. Keep ready.
- Then put salted water and rice in a saucepan, bring it to a boil, turn the heat down halfway and simmer gently without the lid until the liquid is no longer visible and many small holes have formed in the rice (approx - 8 min.). Then immediately put a lid on the pot, wrap it in 1-2 kitchen towels and put it to bed. There it can swell safely until it is used again and you have time for other work.
- Now preheat the oven to 220 °. When the temperature has been reached, put the prepared, filled kohlrabi with the baking dish on the 2 rack into the oven from below and cook for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetables again and mix them with the rice that has now been finished. Stir in the sour cream, heat with it, season to taste again, season if necessary and keep warm for a short time until the kohlrabi are ready.
- After the 25 minutes of cooking time, pull the kohlrabi briefly out of the oven with the wire rack, sprinkle the cheese thickly over them and put them back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes. If available, switch on the grill function for this. Otherwise, only briefly set the upper temperature to the highest level.
- Then arrange everything on a deep plate and decorate with a few chives.
- If you prefer to use smaller kohlrabi, you can use 4 smaller ones instead of the 2 medium-sized ones.