- 150 g Watermelon fresh
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 0,25 tsp Ground ginger
- 50 g Preserving sugar 3: 1
- 3 g Sorrel fresh
- Slice the watermelon, cut off a piece, remove the pulp from the skin and cut into large pieces
- Mix the watermelon pieces with lemon juice, ginger and preserving sugar in a saucepan and let them steep in the refrigerator for about 2 hours
- Wash the sorrel leaves, dab them dry and roughly chop them apart
- Bring the watermelon-spice-sugar mix to the boil, let it boil for about 3-4 minutes and add the sorrel leaves and puree them finely
- Pour into rinsed glasses, screw on and let cool upside down
- The watermelon syrup tastes refreshingly good on warm to hot days in the refrigerator.
- Consume the watermelon syrup within a few months.
- Goes well with yogurt with muesli or a cheese plate or as a cocktail ingredient
Serving: 100gCalories: 119kcalCarbohydrates: 27.9gProtein: 0.5gFat: 0.2g