Flamingo Flower: The Plant is so Poisonous

The flamingo flower is a popular houseplant with showy flowers. However, colorful plants are often poisonous to humans and animals at the same time. We tell you what you need to know about this.

Flamingo flower: All parts of the plant are poisonous

The flamingo flower is one of the poisonous indoor plants.

  • The toxic components are found throughout the flower, but most of it is contained in the leaves.
  • When touched, the substance around is released and injures the skin. You will recognize this when blisters form, the skin swells and becomes very red. These symptoms usually subside after one to two hours. If the problems persist, seek advice from a doctor.
  • If parts of the plant are eaten, the symptoms of poisoning are swelling of the tongue and oral mucosa, difficulty swallowing, and sometimes speech disorders. Diarrhea, nausea, and nausea can also occur.
  • If you have eaten plant parts, it is important to drink plenty of water. If you don’t have any symptoms in the 30 minutes that follow, you don’t have to do anything else. Otherwise, consult a doctor immediately.
  • Therefore, always place this houseplant out of the reach of children and pets.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll to Top