Ingredients for crunchy muesli (reserve for approx. 12 servings)
- 500 g Large leaf oatmeal
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 125 g Tahini or almond butter
- 60 ml Water
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 100 g Dried apricots
- 150 g Walnuts
- 100 g Brazil nuts
- 0,5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 0,5 tsp Ground anise
- 0,5 tsp Ground vanilla
Ingredients per bowl of granola
- 80 g Of the crunchy muesli
- 150 g Fruit (here 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana, a small handful of raspberries)
- 90 g Unsweetened soy curd (or another vegetable curd or yogurt)
- 1 tsp Crushed flaxseed
- Crunchy muesli is easy to make on the weekend or on a day off. During the week you have a balanced, home-made breakfast and it still goes quickly. The times stated in the recipe refer to the production of the crunchy muesli. Of course, you can't just eat the granola for breakfast. It also works well as a topping for various desserts, for example.
Prepare crunchy muesli in advance
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees top / bottom heat.
- Mix the liquid ingredients with the salt and spices.
- Then mix in the oat flakes thoroughly.
- Then line two baking trays with baking mats (or baking paper) and distribute the mixture evenly over them.
- The oat flakes have to bake for about 35 minutes. Halfway through the process, you should take the trays out of the oven for a moment and mix the oatmeal mixture again so that everything becomes evenly crispy.
- While the oatmeal is baking, chop the dried apricots (if necessary) and coarsely chop the nuts.
- When the oatmeal is ready, I let it cool down first. Later I mix the oatmeal with the nuts and dried apricots. The crunchy muesli can be stored in an airtight container without refrigeration. The recipe makes about 1kg or 2L of muesli and it lasts for at least 2 weeks.
Serve a serving of crunchy muesli
- First I wash some fruit and cut it into small pieces if necessary. I took 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana, and a handful of raspberries here. The fruit can of course be varied daily. Then serve about 80g of the crunchy muesli with the fruit and quark / yoghurt, sprinkle the crushed flaxseed on top and enjoy!
- I like to buy whole flaxseeds, which I then grind in my blender as needed. Supposedly this is how you get the most of the healthy ingredients. The crushed flax seeds can be stored in a closed container in the refrigerator for a few days.