- 1 tablespoon Flavorless oil
- 1 branch Sprig of thyme small
- 1 Pc. Fresh garlic + ginger slice each
- Coarse Salt, (Fleur de Sel)
- Pepper Chelly a. d. Mill
- 5 Pc. Cooking beef pulp
- 2 Pc. Egg yolks, fresh
- 40 g Breadcrumbs, for example
- Grated nutmeg as needed
- Freshly chopped thyme (or dried in the mill)
- Salt, + pepper Chelly from the mill
- Transparent film
The side dishes
- 8 Pc. Savoy cabbage leaves about
- 30 g Butter good tablespoon.
- Salt, pepper to taste.
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 middle Medium onion (cut into cubes)
- Pork bacon streaked raw smoked
- 1 little spoons Griessler flour leveled small spoon
- Beef broth as needed
- Cream as needed
- Ice water (or very cold water) to put off
Beetroot finely glazed
- 1 tuber Beetroot (pre-cooked)
- 1 good tablespoon Butter
- 1 good tablespoon Sugar
- 30 Milliliter (or a little more) Red balsamic vinegar (good)
- Pepper from the mill (Chelly>) to taste)
- Caraway powder to taste
- 1 small Sliced red onion
A word about the court:
- I'll start with the side dishes, because that takes a little more time. I prepare the bone marrow crust the day before, because I put it in the freezer. I also prepare the cream and savoy cabbage vegetables the day before and put them in the freezer, so I can concentrate on the steak and the beetroot. so I start with that. Thanks .
the bone marrow crust.
- Loosen the marrow from the bones and slowly let it out in a small pan, that is, over a mild heat, so that the marrow can melt. If the small crumbs remain, let everything run through a fine sieve into a small bowl and let cool down a little. Then the hand mixer comes into play, whip until foamy, stir in the egg yolks, as well as the thyme, salt, pepper and grated nutmeg. Now it's the turn of the breadcrumbs, but be careful, as they usually still swell, leave something there for now, after work you can still do it. Once that's done, put the cling film on a board, apply the mass one cm thick, cover with a second film, pack it well and then put it in the freezer. that would be done.
The cream savoy cabbage
- Put a saucepan with water and bring to the boil, then let the salt trickle in. Place a bowl with the ice water next to it and line a plate with kitchen paper. Remove the leaves from the stalk, (for one person, depending on your taste) Then put the leaves in the boiling water bath for about 6 minutes. Then immediately immerse it in the ice water and then let it drip off on the kitchen paper.
- Put the pan or saucepan on the butter, let the diced onion pieces sauté, add the finely chopped bacon. Let everything go light gold. During this time I cut the savoy cabbage into any pieces and sprinkle it with a little gritty flour. The flour binds and brings a consistency. With a little broth I pour just as much as there is enough for the cream, that is, how liquid you want it to be. I can cook that one day in advance, too.
- The next day: The cream savoy cabbage vegetable is warmed up, the crust freed from the deep freeze. The oven is preheated to 140 °! The pan is hot, the meat has been taken out of the refrigerator for a good hour: Now heat the oil, place the meat in the pan (put it away from your body in the pan) Now please give the meat time, only when it loosens from the bottom of the pan then turn and PLEASE sear on each side, that means also on the sides.
- Now put it in the small oven on the wire rack (I like to put it without foil) underneath is the small baking sheet. A good 15 minutes. During this time I prepare the beetroot. Melt the butter, dissolve the sugar in it, deglaze with the balsamic vinegar. Cut the beetroot into 1/8 pieces and heat the red onion in it, turning it every now and then. Seasoning, let it reduce ready.
- The stick has relaxed, now the crust comes on top, move the grill one level higher, switch on the grill function, and now PLEASE keep grilling briefly so that the crust gets a golden yellow color. That’s it. Arrange on a preheated plate and just enjoy. I can't give the time correctly because I put it on two days.
- In the end, it takes a long time to hear or read, but it is still not. I mean a total of 120 minutes.PS: He really liked it!