Use quark – delicious quark balls
For this delicious and simple recipe, you need 250 grams of flour, 275 grams of sugar, 250 grams of quark, 3 eggs, 1 liter of frying fat, 1 sachet of baking powder, and 2 sachets of vanilla sugar.
- First, place the flour and baking powder in a bowl along with 125 grams of sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Then, in another bowl, mix the quark with the eggs and then add the dry ingredients.
- Now use a hand mixer to make a smooth dough out of it.
- Now fill a pot with one liter of frying fat and place it on the stove over medium heat. The temperature of the fat should be around 180°C, you can check this with a thermometer.
- Now take an ice cream scoop and use it to scoop balls out of the batter. Then put them in the frying fat.
- After 6 to 7 minutes the balls are ready. You can now remove them with a slotted spoon and place them on kitchen paper.
- Then put sugar on a plate and roll the balls in it so that they are completely covered with sugar.
Jacket potatoes with quark – quick and tasty
For this recipe, you need 1 kilogram of waxy potatoes, 500 grams of quark, 2 onions, 1 bunch of chives, 1 dash of milk, and salt and pepper.
- First, wash the potatoes.
- Now put water in a saucepan and lightly salt it. As soon as the water boils, you can add the potatoes and let them cook for about a quarter of an hour over medium heat.
- Then peel the onions and cut them into small pieces.
- Now place the onions in a bowl with the curd and give the mixture a good stir before adding the milk and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Divide the quark between small bowls and then serve with the finished jacket potatoes.
Cheesecake with quark – Here’s how
A cheesecake is ideal for using up the quark leftovers. For the dough, you need 150 grams of flour, 60 grams of sugar, 100 grams of soft butter, 1 packet of vanilla sugar, and 1 pinch of salt. For the filling of the cake, you need 600 milliliters of milk, 2 packets of vanilla pudding powder, 1 kilogram of low-fat quark, 200 grams of sugar, 1 vanilla bean, 2 eggs, 200 milliliters of cooking oil, 2 teaspoons of lemon zest and powdered sugar.
- To prepare the dough, first put the flour in a bowl with the sugar, vanilla sugar, and salt.
- Now add the butter and mix the ingredients together briefly before kneading them into a dough with your hands or a hand mixer.
- Then line a springform pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Then press it down firmly so that it covers the bottom of the springform pan and prick the bottom a few times with a fork.
- The dough must now be placed in the oven at 180°C for 12 to 14 minutes.
- While the base is baking, you can start making the filling. To do this, first mix 100 milliliters of milk with the pudding powder.
- Put the cottage cheese in a second bowl and add the eggs and sugar. Mix everything together well.
- Now add the inside of the vanilla bean, the lemon zest, and the custard mixture to the quark and mix everything together well.
- Also, while stirring the batter, add the remaining 500 milliliters of milk and the oil.
- Now take the springform pan out of the oven and reduce the temperature to 140°C. Put the quark mixture in the mold and then let the cake bake for about 70 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, it must first cool before you can remove the ring. Then sprinkle it with a little powdered sugar.