- 500 g Flour
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 4 tsp Salt
- 6 Eggs
- 300 g Emmental
- 3 Onions
- 200 ml Oil (for frying)
- 1 tbsp Flour (for frying)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 100 ml Milk
Making the spaetzle
- For the dough, mix the eggs, flour, oil and salt with the dough hook. Then add the water so that a viscous dough is formed.
- In the meantime, bring the water with a little salt to the boil and grate the Emmental cheese, cut an onion into small cubes.
- Then put the dough in portions in a spaetzle button press or, alternatively, scrape directly from the board into the boiling water. When the spaetzle are done they float on the surface.
- These are then skimmed off and tossed in the butter in a hot pan with the diced onions. Add the grated Emmental cheese and the milk to the pan over and over again to create a nice mixture.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper.
Preparing the fried onions
- For the fried onions, cut them into rings and put them in a freezer bag with a pinch of salt, let them stand for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the flour and shake everything well.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil to approx. 180 ° C (if you don't have a roasting thermometer or something similar, simply hold a wooden stick in the oil if bubbles rise immediately, then the oil is hot enough)
- Carefully fry the onions in the oil until they are golden brown. Then you put this on a paper towel so that the excess fat can drain off. This will make you really crispy.
- If you like our recipes and pictures, we would be very happy to receive ratings and comments. HomemadeCuisine wishes you lots of fun cooking